Tuesday 2 June 2015

New Look 6150/Gertie's Easy Knit Pencil Skirt mash-up

The gathering in the dart area-- well-hidden by the print.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I was working on creating a mock-wrap dress using New Look 6150 as the basis for the bodice.  I performed the full bust adjustment required, but because the knit was a trifle too springy for a dart, especially the "Big Honking Dart", to borrow a phrase, I opted to gather the entire dart base area, trusting to the pattern of the print to disguise the adjustment.
Hard to see, but the pleat replacing gathering in the shoulder area.




Aside from cutting the top front and back pieces at the waistline, that was the only adjustment I performed on the pattern pieces.  In sewing, I replaced the gathering on the front shoulder seam with a single pleat double-needle hems with machine blind stitching, and I stabilized the waist seam with elastic.  
The finished product, ready for a long day of marketing workshop and serving as a dresser at a fashion show.

No comments:

Post a Comment